uu.seUppsala University Publications
Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Genotyping of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) group A in Stockholm, Sweden, using PCR and two-dimensional melting curve analysis
Uppsala University, Disciplinary Domain of Medicine and Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Virology.
2008 (English)In: Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS), ISSN 0903-4641, E-ISSN 1600-0463, Vol. 116, no 4, 317-322 p.Article in journal (Refereed) Published
Description
Abstract [en]

Genotyping of respiratory syncytial (RS) virus group A, by means of a novel method based on PCR, FRET (fluorescence resonance energy transmission) detection and two-dimensional melting curve analysis, was carried out on 80 RS virus samples of group A collected in Stockholm from 1976 to 2005. The Tm values were assessed for three different genotypes (GA2, GA5 and GA7) circulating in Sweden. Two pairs of probes were used and results of subsequent data analysis were plotted in a two-dimensional system. The results obtained were compared to genotyping using conventional nucleotide sequencing and phylogenetic tree analysis. It was found that the new assay was able to correctly identify genotype in about 89% of the isolates; it identified the remaining 11% as untypeable and as candidates for conventional nucleotide sequencing. The new method constitutes a complement to nucleotide sequencing and could be useful in studies of large numbers of samples in epidemiological studies.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2008. Vol. 116, no 4, 317-322 p.
Keyword [en]
genotyping
National Category
Medical and Health Sciences
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:uu:diva-103945DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0463.2008.00758.xISI: 000254665600008PubMedID: 18397467OAI: oai:DiVA.org:uu-103945DiVA: diva2:219072
Available from: 2009-05-26 Created: 2009-05-26 Last updated: 2017-12-13Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

No full text

Other links

Publisher's full textPubMed

Search in DiVA

By author/editor
Bondeson, Kåre
By organisation
Clinical Virology
In the same journal
Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS)
Medical and Health Sciences

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar

doi
pubmed
urn-nbn

Altmetric score

doi
pubmed
urn-nbn
Total: 473 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf